Our Mission and Values
Our Mission – To provide effective services that enable communities to resolve conflict and repair harm.
Our Values – We have six core values that underpin our work and we will continue to develop our culture, policies and practices which reflect our commitment to:
· Communication – We believe that accessible, clear and simple communication between people is necessary for communities to thrive.
· Empowerment – We believe that people can speak for themselves, think for themselves, and decide for themselves.
· Equality – We believe that discrimination is unfair and should be confronted in ourselves and in others.
· Inclusion – We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to access our services without restrictions or limitations.
· Quality – We believe in bringing about the best in others and ourselves.
· Accountability and openness – We believe in working openly with our clients, each other and our partners in order to learn from one another.
Resolve West (formerly Bristol Mediation), based in Easton Bristol, currently has a staff team of 8 and 76 volunteers. This includes 55 volunteer mediators, 14 volunteer restorative justice practitioners and 7 volunteer Trustees, who meet monthly, and oversee Resolve West (formerly Bristol Mediation).
Our volunteers contribute over 6555 hours per year working with people experiencing conflict and criminal activity to enable people to have a voice, to feel heard, to be able to move forward with their lives and have some closure.
We work closely with Bristol City Council and Avon & Somerset Police as well as other agencies including housing providers, support agencies, other statutory and voluntary agencies and in a 12 month period we worked with over 810 people across Bristol and the surrounding areas who were experiencing conflict or criminal activity.